Tuesday 24 July 2007

Pilch's Holiday Diary - Day 2

Well it was a better night's sleep thanks to Nat's kindly flock of sheep. Although I did wake up with a cold sweat after having a nightmare that one of the letters of the alphabet suddenly got deleted from the entire world (can't remember which one, sorry). Just imagine the chaos. Lots of people would have to change their names. The alphabet chart in my classroom would have an annoying gap in it. Thankfully I was awake before any more catastrophic effects.

I went to the shops and went to pick up some things from the post office. There were 4 parcels! One was a tea towel fundraising kit. Two were Joyce Meyer CDs and the fourth was the sound cable for my Nintendo Wii so I finally got that working (and won a game of tennis after facing 3 match points). I started feeling really dizzy at the shops so decided to cut the trip short but still managed to buy a new duvet and pillows and some books from the Oxfam shop.

Have been feeling much better today and went to the Chinese to get sweet and sour chicken for tea - my first proper meal since last Thursday. There are loads of Chinese take aways near where I live - most have a delivery service but I thought I would drive round for once. I couldn't get a parking spot outside the one I usually go to so had to park about 3 cars down. It was only on my way back to the car that I realised another one had opened along that street and I had parked right outside it!

2 comments:

Her said...

My sheep are satisfied with a job well done.
WHAT LETTER!?!?! I need to know!it better not be N, i dont wanna be call atalie!
Chinese is always awesome after you've been ill, its awesome anyway but you know what I mean!

Anonymous said...

awww glad you got some kip hun , and chicken is good especially with cheese, did you get cheese with it ?, can u imagine if p was the missing letter , there would be nooooooooooooooooooooo purple????????? it will be urle? hehe and nooooooooooooooo pilchy ? will be ilchy, and we could not live without our wee pilchy could we ? xxx gbu hun