Monday 23 July 2007

Pilch's Holiday Diary - Day 1

Pilch's blog is BACK!!!

Well the Summer Hols have started but I have been feeling unwell over the weekend so it wasn't a good start. Think it's just some virus or infection or something but I could hardly get out of bed for 3 days. I am beginning to feel better now and it's good to stop looking at the bedroom walls.

It's at times like that when you realise what utter rubbish is on the TV these days. I was lying in bed for hours, couldn't sleep and just wanted a little bit of entertainment. But despite the hundreds of channels now available, on all of them is rubbish. Most of the things on I don't think anyone would want to watch so why do they bother? The most interesting thing I could find out of all of the channels was the golf... people endlessly hitting a little ball around... very very boring. And irritating too after a while when you suddenly realise the number of times that the commentators (who presumably are being paid to do this) watch a golf ball hit a tree or a fence or something and shout "Oh my God"... do they really think that God is interested in such things? Do they really think that people want or need to hear them say it?

Haven't done much today apart from rest and try to eat but I'm still not hungry. I'm still not sleepy either even though I spent most of last night wide awake wondering when my brain would decide it was time for some sleep. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Today's score in postal cricket...4 for 0

(What's postal cricket? Well you add up the number of letters that come through your door each morning and that is your score for the day - up to a maximum of 6. If you are "out" when the postman knocks on your door with a parcel or something then you are "out" in the game and lose a wicket. If the postman sees you then he has "caught" sight of you so you are also "out") Well it's something to do!

3 comments:

Her said...

Aww I'm sorry you've not been feeling very well pilchy. It's so typical of it to come around when its finally the summer holidays!
My gosh, how could you watch golf? you poor thing. I don't even switch the telly on these days lol.
I'm going to have to try this postal cricket, though i don't actually understand the points system lol.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((MY PILCHY))))))))))))))))))))) ,AWWWW A BIG CUDDLE FOR MY EXTRA SPECIAL FRIEND WHO IS ILL. WILL SEND U A BIG PURPLE BLANKETT, I PLAY ALARM CRICKET AND ITS HOW MANY TIMES I HIT MY SNOOZE BUTTON BEFORE I GET UP, AND IF I LATE FOR WORK THEN IM OUT , LUV YA HUN X

Ann Marie said...

Pilchie i'm glad you're feeling a bit better now keep up with your blog my man or else there will be trouble. Where else do I get my little bits of wisdom from.

Rev xx