Thursday 20 September 2007

Pilchy Update

Here is a special blog just for you Princess x And don't forget when you have read it you have to go and do yours and I will be checking to see if you have!

It's been a busy few weeks back at work. The kids are getting settled in now and the summer holidays seem a long time ago. I have a new girl starting in my class who speaks no English - only Polish, so I will have to learn a little bit so I can communicate with her. Just in case anyone is interested, here is a beginner's guide to Polish...it's all phonetically written as I can't begin to understand how to read the words spelt in proper Polish!

Hello...chesht
How are you? Yak shoe mash
Yes...tak No...nyeh
Good morning...Jane dobry
Good afternoon...Jane dobry
Goodbye... doy venya
Thankyou... Jen cooyah

Don't ask me who Jane Dobry and Jen Cooyah are though because I have no idea!

It has also been a sad week at work too as a staff member died last week. The funeral is next Tuesday.

On Sunday someone at church came up to me and said "I didnt' realise you were writing a book" and they seemed really excited about it. I had meant to do quite a bit of it in the summer holidays but that never really happened and I thought that no-one was that interested anyway. But I started this week to work on it a little bit each night because I really want to get it finished. I have planned out 10 chapters and I am just starting work on number 5. I have put in some of the things that have been in my blog over the past few months so anyone who has enjoyed reading my blog will like the book. I still need to think of a title but I have an idea that I am thinking about. I hope that none of the readers of my blog will mind being in it ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shoe and mash!!!!, lol you could call your book. pilchys wee story:)