Friday 10 August 2007

Pilchy's Holiday Adventure

This week I have been on a special trip to meet some special people. Here's how it all went...

Tuesday
I got up nice and early and got everything packed to go. I really hope this doesn't start sounding like what the kids write then you ask them to write all about their holiday. I will try to make it a bit more interesting *gets thesaurus off the shelf*. So I put my destination into the computer and off I go. Well not quite as I stop at Asda to get some food for lunch as I didn't have time to arrange a bank loan in order to get some food at a service station. £1.79 for a sausage roll there!

Driving down the M1 was uneventful really and there weren't any traffic jams so I got to Muswell Hill late afternoon. I had decided to split my journey into stages so I didn't have to drive too far in one day. The hotel in Muswell Hill was nice, although the car parking wasn't very good as although you could park right outside the hotel, other people came along and parked on the road so that you couldn't get out. Hopefully they will be gone by morning. The hotel had free wireless internet access so I was able to share my adventure with a few friends who were online such as Lilmiss.

I found a nice Chinese restaurant in Muswell Hill to get something to eat and enjoyed my usual Lemon Chicken! It was very quiet. Unfortuntely later on as I was trying to sleep there seemed to be a constant supply of people outside shouting for no good reason. Added to that, my window wouldn't shut so I didn't get a lot of sleep that night. I find it quite hard to sleep in a strange place anyway.

Wednesday
I was glad to see that I was now able to get my car out as whoever had blocked the entrance had moved. I checked out of the hotel and parked my car along the street instead. Then I got a number 134 bus to Camden Market. There were a few goths and strange people standing on street corners with placards but not as many as I had anticipated. Had a nice wander around the market although I wasn't tempted to buy any of the brightly coloured wellingtons.

At lunch time I set off for Devon. This was a really nice drive and there was some lovely countryside on the way. At about 6pm I arrived at the guesthouse in Torquay where I was going to stay. I had booked all my rooms a few days before using the website laterooms.com which is really useful. They were really welcoming at the guest house and I had a nice room with 3 beds in it so I could choose which one I wanted. After settling in, I went for a walk down to the seafront and took lots of interesting photos. There was also a funfair although I didn't go on any of the rides. I made my way back to the guesthouse when it got dark. I made arrangements with Emma who I was to meet the next day and chatted to Sarah although she was almost asleep. I slept much better here - probably because I was quite tired.

Thursday
This was the most exciting day of the holiday as I had planned to meet two special friends for the first time. After having breakfast - yummy toast with jam on it, I drove into Torquay and had a look around the shops. I also got some postcards and some fudge. Then I drove to Exeter Station which didn't take long. Emma had texted me to tell me she would be a bit later than planned and I waited for her outside the station. Suddenly a voice came out of nowhere and said "hello" and it was Emma and little baby Ben. He was really cute and Emma was really nice too and we got on well straight away.

We had a walk to the post office where there was a really fun lift. Well I think Ben really enjoyed it. Then I drove down the the quay and we all had lunch in a little cafe there. Emma told me how her dad had built the bridge. Ben really enjoyed going over the bumpy bits. I took some photos there too, especially of the ferry that took you across the water for 30p when there was a bridge that you could walk across by taking a 5 minute walk. Emma told me all about Sarah who I was meeting that evening and told me how nice she was and how she would be really easy to get along with and that she was pretty too.

It was a really hot day and Ben had to keep under his umbrella. We walked to the cathedral and Emma posed for a special picture where she stood with her water bottle and pointed. It was then time for me to drive to the village of Hook where I would be staying that night so I said goodbye to Emma and I was on my way.

A pleasant afternoon drive got me to the hotel in Hook. I checked into the hotel and got ready to meet with Sarah. She had to get home from work and then get changed really fast and then get to Hook all before the restaurant closed but she was really fast and she made it in time. She sent me a text to let me know that she was there and I came outside and found her.

Sarah was just as Emma had described her - really nice and just as pretty as I had imagined. We had a meal in the hotel restaurant which was quite empty. There was a quiz on in the hotel so we attempted to answer the questions but we didn't really know many of the answers. I was really glad to finally meet Sarah and was quite sad when she had to go home... I hope that she enjoys the fudge that she took with her.

Well I haven't opened my thesaurus yet and Sarah wanted me to find lots of words to describe her so here goes...let me see what nice ones I can find: adorable, beautiful, captivating, distinct (from Cashy 2, 3, 4 and 5), exceptional, fascinating, gracious, happy, interactive, jaunty, kind, likeable, modest, nervous (only a little bit though), observant, pretty, questionning, responsive, smiling, tired (it had been a long day), unambiguous, vibrant, warm, x-factorish (not in the thesaurus but this is a difficult letter), youthful, zestful - I hope there's enough there!

Friday

So after a reasonable night's sleep in the hotel I got up and drove to Guildford. I wanted to experience a road called the Hogsback which Sarah drives on all the time so I found that and went up and down it a few times. Then I drove to Guildford and had a look around the shops before starting my drive home at 12.00 - it should have taken just over three hours but there were loads of traffic jams so I got home about half past 5.

That was my holiday adventure! Lots of driving but I got to meet Sarah and Emma and of course Ben and I got to visit some interesting places that I had never been to before. I will have to organise another Pilchy Holiday Adventure soon!

3 comments:

Her said...

Sounds like a lovely time pilchy!

Sarah said...

yay pilchy!! thank you so much. you are a true gentleman and a very special person. it was a lovely evening and meant alot to me that you traveled all the way here.
mwah x glad you enjoyed your pilchy adventure holiday. x

Anonymous said...

awww pilchy thats so great that you got to meet emma and sarah they both great ppl and hopefully will get to meet them one day to .x and ben!!!!! u got to meet the one man i love the most to hehe x