Monday 18 June 2007

How to get rid of friends that you don't want

I have this friend... well I say "friend" but they aren't that really - all they do is get in my way and I've had enough of it. They have been doing this for quite some time. Ok, maybe it's my fault for allowing them to get close in the first place but I have decided that I don't want to be friends with them anymore.

I'm tired of having to think about them all the time - and I keep on letting what they want to do come first. I just give in to their demands rather than do what is right for me. I can't do the things that I really want to do because they don't like it. They get really jealous if I spend time with anyone else and they always seem to be there in the background - when all I want to do is forget about them. In fact sometimes I would go so far as to call it harrassment.

I've tried to give them hints that I don't want them around me but they take absolutely no notice. They are hurting my Christian walk too...I know it clearly says in the bible that I shouldn't be friends with them and that whilst I am, I can't be the person I am meant to be. They are really hard to shake though, even when I tell them what the bible says.

So this is it. I'm not going to be friends anymore. I've had enough. I know that they won't leave me alone unless I really stand up to them. It's in their nature. But from now on, I refuse to let them have control over my life. I want to live my life for God and they aren't going to hold me back.

I want to warn anyone that is reading this that you need to avoid this so-called "friend" and not let them come anywhere near you. Don't speak to them, unless it's to tell them that you're not having them around or that you are going to do what you want to do whatever they might have to say about it. Don't let them get into your life. Maybe you already know them - well if you do then do what I am doing... have nothing to do with them. You'll never be free if you don't deal with them straight away.

And just in case you are in any doubt who I am talking about I am going to name names. They won't like it but I'm not scared of them anymore. The name is... FEAR. Why not get a new friend instead? I'm off now to spend a bit of time with my new friend... Faith. They are the total opposite to Fear. I think we will get on really well.

3 comments:

Her said...

Boooooooo to fear!
Well hellooooooooo to faith!

Anonymous said...

hehe pilchy !!!! i was about to practise my glesga kiss , i thought someone was bein mean to me mate , but as its fear !!! i am in agreement that they are not my friend anymore either and besides faith is greater x

Sarah said...

ooooo pilchy you were being a scary pilchy then. i thought someone was being nasty to you. i was going to bash them over the head.
xxx