Saturday 16 June 2007

Credited to my account

I had a letter this morning - "NOTICE OF FULL SERVICE RESTRICTION"!

Apparently, I owe £5.71 on my mobile phone account. If I don't pay it immediately then this may "lead to some or all of the actions below" -

1. Disconnection of my phone from the network
2. Termination Fees
3. It will affect my credit rating
4. My account will be transferred to a debt collection agency.

Sounds quite serious - a bit like sin.

1. Sin disconnects you from God - you can't be close to him and you feel that you aren't part of His "network" anymore.
2. Sin terminates your account - you can't go to heaven whilst you still have a debt of sin.
3. Sin affects your credit rating with God - He can't give you all the blessings He has planned for you whilst you are guilty with sin.
4. Sin has a debt collection agency... the devil - he is intent on collecting your life.

So I phoned up the mobile phone company and explained that I shouldn't owe this amount because my account has been closed. The kind lady on the phone said immediately "I will credit it to your account - is there anything else that you would like me to do for you?"

Jesus credited to our account the full amount that we owed for our sin when he died on the cross. Anytime we feel guilty all we have to do is speak to Him and say we are sorry. Each sin reminder that comes to us can be dealt with by admitting it and then allowing Jesus to credit our account. He even asks if there is anything else we would like him to do for us.

1. With our debt of sin cleared by the cross, we can be part of God's network. We can be in His presence and not feel guilty or ashamed.
2. With our debt of sin cleared by the cross, our account is still open - we can reach heaven.
3. With our debt of sin cleared by the cross, our credit rating with God is as good as Jesus' credit rating. We can ask and receive and there's no good thing that God will withold from us.
4. With our debt of sin cleared by the cross, the devil can't collect. He can't have your life - he has no right to it. Anytime he sends you a demand for payment, tell him it's been paid in full. When he offers you credit, tell him that only Jesus takes the credit.

I am expecting another letter soon from the mobile phone company saying my account has been settled in full and that I don't owe anything more. I have a similar letters from God about my sin...

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1)

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Cor 5:21)

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

ACCOUNT CLEAR

2 comments:

Her said...

I love the way you can take an everyday situation and (i cant think of the right word here) 'adapt' to show the work of God. I think its awesome! Another great blog pilch!

Anonymous said...

its great pilchy that u are my friend, you have the wisest words sometimes and a way of taking normal everyday things and turn it around into gods work as nat says , but also when u do that its a good thing, as you make ppl aware and think about god when everyday things happen xxxx gbu hun